Wolfram, makers of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha, are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Hadoop Developer to be part of our web intelligence group in our Operations division. A successful candidate for this team will have the ability to be flexible and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining systems and processes that run on and interact with Hadoop clusters
- Modifying and maintaining new and existing applications on Hadoop
- Work closely with the data analysts to understand requirements and deliver results.
- Strong Java development skills
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Working knowledge of Hadoop and HBase
- Experience using Ganglia or other monitoring software
- Hadoop development experience or experience with any of the following: Pig, Hive, Impala, Oozie, HBase, or Flume