Wolfram Research, creator of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha, has an exciting opportunity available for a Web Systems Engineer. Join the Web Systems Engineering team and work in a fast-paced environment where you’ll never lack for new and challenging projects.
The ideal candidate will be good at working independently with current web standards and initiatives in a flexible, innovative environment, and will have strong Linux skills.
- Linux (preferably CentOS or RHEL)
- Shell scripting
- Understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and principles
- Maintaining and administrating the infrastructure for our online products
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering is preferred, but your experience and technical abilities are of more interest than your academic credentials
- At least 2 years of systems engineering experience
- Proven experience with Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, BIND, PowerDNS, OpenLDAP, Postfix, RPM, Kickstart, Puppet, Cobbler
What Wolfram Offers:
Wolfram is full of entrepreneurial people working together to accomplish great things. It's a friendly and intellectually stimulating atmosphere set up to maximize individual productivity and achievement and to accommodate a wide range of working styles. Whether it's remote work, flexible schedules, or modern project management, Wolfram has long been a pioneer in employee-oriented workplace practices.
As a Wolfram employee, you will receive a competitive base salary plus incentives and commission; 401(k) matching; health, dental, and life insurance for you and your dependents; and above-average PTO.
Location: Champaign, Illinois