Wolfram, maker of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha, is seeking a Wolfram Technology Engineer to work with our Wolfram Technology Group. This is an ideal position for the technically skilled person who loves working with intelligent clients to resolve interesting issues.
Day-to-day, the Wolfram Technology Engineer provides application support to Wolfram clients by phone and email, and communicates customer feedback to other departments within the company, championing improvements to already exceptional products. The Wolfram Technology Engineer also trains clients in the functionality of Wolfram products, explains the benefits of using Wolfram products to potential clients, and develops creative solutions to address the individual client's needs with the aid of Wolfram products.
- Programming experience
- Research experience/teaching experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific field
- Curiosity in a variety of fields
- Desire to learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to articulate ideas and instructions
- Desire to work with clients on a daily basis
- Mathematica programming skills are a plus
- Modelica experience or system modeling skills are a plus
- Spanish language fluency is a plus
- Master's degree in technical or scientific field preferred
Candidates will be issued a problem set to complete, and will also be required to give a presentation as part of the interview process.
Location: Champaign, Illinois