Stephen Wolfram presented the second annual Wolfram Innovator Awards at the Wolfram Technology Conference 2012, honoring those who have made significant contributions to their industry or field of science with Wolfram technologies.
This year's winners, nominated by Wolfram employees, were selected by a panel of Wolfram technology experts. This year, we recognize the outstanding achievements of the following individuals in engineering, finance, education, and other fields.
- W. Craig Carter, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, MIT
- Robert B. Nachbar, Mathematician, Chemist, Biologist, Modeling & Simulation; Merck Research Laboratories
- Thomas Roux, Financial Risk Manager, BRED Banque Populaire
- Rubén Berrocal and Marisa Talavera, National Secretary for Science and Technology (Berrocal), Director of Innovation in Learning (Talavera), Panama Government
- Richard Anderson, Computer Scientist
- Fred Szabo, Mathematics and Statistics Professor, Concordia University
- Dr. Kazuhiro Iwadoh, Tokyo Women's Medical University*
- Dr. Ryohei Miyadera, Kwansei Gakuin High School*
*Awarded at the 2012 Wolfram Conference in Tokyo