Version 10 refreshes the overall aesthetic for visualizations, combining a bolder, unified color scheme across all visualization functions, with new automatic computation of visual attributes such as point sizes, edge styles, surface colors, and axes positioning. Besides the default appearance, a whole set of themes easily and automatically changes how plots look for a variety of situations and uses. The visualization functions are also extended to automatically work on time series, associated arrays, and data with units.
- New color scheme that unifies all the visualization functions.
- Plot themes easily change the appearance and focus of graphics.
- Automatic selection of point sizes depending on the size and distribution of datasets.
- Unique plot styles for surfaces.
- Better contrasting colors for people with color vision deficiencies.
- Filling styles automatically follow the main plot style.
- Edges in bar charts in histograms automatically fade out as the density increases.
- Faster rendering of large and complex point sets.
- Automatic legend construction has been added for vector and stream plots, as well as other specialized visualizations.
- Plot data directly from associative arrays, automatically using the keys as legend labels.
- Plot time and event series directly.
- Use data with associated weights in statistical plots.
- Plotting data or functions with units automatically detects and converts the units.
- Plot values, ranges, and inequalities on number lines.
- Visualize Mandelbrot and Julia sets.
- Plot locations on maps using a variety of explicit or implicit forms.
- Color map regions according to associated values.