Building on the world's largest collection of special functions and two decades of development of symbolic and numeric algorithms, Mathematica 8 provides an unprecedented level of support for parametric distributions. By systematically adding distributions in common use from a wide variety of disciplines such as finance, actuarial science, communication, life science, statistics, etc., Mathematica now provides a complete parametric modeling and analysis framework.
- Largest collection of parametric distributions in any system. »
- Extensive support for heavy-tail distributions. »
- Extensive support for extreme value distributions. »
- Several dozen properties directly available for all distributions. »
- Symbolic and numeric results available for all properties.
- Extensive documentation with properties and relation to other distributions.
- Extensive collection of applications for all parametric distributions.
- Automatic parameter estimation and goodness-of-fit testing. »