SymbolicC represents C programs and structures with Mathematica's high-level symbolic language enabling Mathematica programs to transform and optimize C. It is used extensively for Mathematica's code generation tools.
- Uses Mathematica's core tree-oriented symbolic language to represent C code. »
- Allows Mathematica programs to create, manipulate, and optimize C code.
- Extends Mathematica's metaprogramming features to include working on C code.
- Extensively used in other Mathematica 8 technologies, such as the compiler. »
- Full support for C programming constructs. »
- Helps avoid syntax errors in generated C code, using Mathematica features like bracket match highlighting and Mathematica syntax errors.