The most significant feature addition enhancing usability in Mathematica 8 is free-form linguistic input, which allows users to enter plain English and get immediate results and the Mathematica input for further exploration—without the need for syntax.
Mathematica 8 also includes a new Cell Insertion Assistant as well as full typesetting and graphical input support in the Find and Replace Dialog.
The completely revamped Welcome Screen serves as an intuitive starting point for any task and provides easy access to user resources such as sample code, the Documentation Center, or free online "How to" seminars. The new Wolfram User Portal provides convenient online license management.
- Free-form linguistic input allows users to enter plain English and get immediate results and the Mathematica input for further exploration—without the need for syntax. »
- Cell Insertion Assistant provides feedback about new features and cell styles.
- Welcome Screen immediately displays a list of recently opened files.
- Keep in touch with Mathematica news and events using the Welcome Screen.
- Access information about Mathematica licenses quickly and conveniently from the Welcome Screen.
- Full support of typesetting and graphical input in Find and Replace dialog.
- Text found with the Find dialog highlights with eye-catching animations.
- Preview styles as they are typed in the new Custom Style dialog.
|Cell Insertion Assistant »||Welcome Screen »||Find and Replace Dialog »|
|Interactive Custom Style Selection »|