|More about Mathematica »
Symbolic Statistical Computing
Building on Mathematica's unique symbolic architecture, Mathematica 6 introduces the powerful idea of fully integrated symbolic statistical computing. With all standard discrete and continuous distributions built in, Mathematica 6 makes it unprecedentedly easy to work with distributions, efficiently computing numerical and symbolic properties, as well as generating random numbers for simulation.
- All standard descriptive statistics built in for both data and statistical distributions. »
- 36 standard continuous and discrete distributions covering all standard areas. »
- Newly derived symbolic results for distribution properties using special functions.
- New highly efficient NKS-based random number generation algorithms. »
- RandomChoice and RandomSample functions for efficient sampling from finite sets.
- Random number generation from any specified symbolic distribution. »
See Also New In 6.0