|More about Mathematica »
Mathematica 7 adds industrial-strength state-of-the-art sequence analysis tools. Suitable for bioinformatics, text analysis and other applications, the sequence analysis tools operate on both strings and general lists, and are fully integrated into the general Mathematica programming and visualization system—in all cases yielding results that are organized for further computation.
- Support for both local and global alignment methods. »
- Smith-Waterman, Needleman-Wunsch and other similarity measures. »
- Built-in standard similarity matrices, and support for general similarity rules.
- Fully compatible with GenomeData etc. »
- Support for both strings and general list expressions.
- Functions for contiguous and non-contiguous common subsequences. »
- Fully integrated with cluster analysis, nearest neighbors, etc. »