Mathematica Trainer: Des Penny
Physical Science Department
Southern Utah University
Cedar City, UT 84720
Des Penny provides Mathematica training courses to help users learn about
Mathematica quickly. He also consults with Mathematica users desiring to
implement Mathematica applications.
Dr. Penny has eight years of experience with Mathematica. He has taught
Scientists and Engineers for the past five years at Southern Utah University. This course
explores many substantial applications of Mathematica in engineering, mathematical, and
scientific areas. He has used Mathematica extensively in his other courses including
Quantum Mechanics and laboratory courses for data manipulation.
Dr. Penny has given a number of talks and workshops on Mathematica, most recently
at the American Association of Physics Teachers in Anaheim, California, in January 1999.
He has used Mathematica extensively in his research interests, primarily in exploring
minimum energy configurations of soap films, development of
geometry theorems, and geometrical explorations of molecular configurations.
Dr. Penny has used Mathematica since 1992 and has been a Mathematica
trainer since 1994.
- 2D and 3D geometry, intermediate physics
- Engineering and mathematics
- Quantum mechanics, data manipultion
- Major Clients
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Utah, 1975
- M.Sc. in Mathematical Physics, University College Cork, Ireland, 1972
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Mathematical Physics, University College Cork, Ireland, 1971
- Computer Language Experience in Addition to Mathematica
- Platform Experience
- Languages Spoken
- Geographic Area of Operation