The CDF InfoKit provides in-depth information about the Computable Document Format (CDF) alongside use cases and ways to adopt it. Examples are all CDFs. Download a free trial of Mathematica or the free Wolfram CDF Player to explore them.
(.cdf file, 336 KB)
(.cdf file, 108 KB)
(.cdf file, 2.8 MB)
(.cdf file, 188 KB)
|Infographics and Blogs
(.cdf file, 2 MB)
(.cdf file, 762 KB)
(.cdf file, 1 MB)
|Interactive Knowledge Apps
(.cdf file, 282 KB)
|Applications & Deployment
(.cdf file, 2.67 MB)
|Download All Examples
(.zip file, 6.6 MB)
Don't see your example? Suggest it.
Working with CDF
Learn how easy it is to create CDFs, as well as how leading interactive-learning companies are already using CDF technology.
|Adopting the Computable Document Format (CDF)
White paper: Information on how to author and deploy CDFs, supported platforms and licensing options. (.cdf file, 1 MB)
|Making Documents Interactive with CDF
Video: See how easy it is to create CDFs in Mathematica.
|Courseware of the Future—Today: Developing Interactive Textbooks with CDF
Video case study: Pearson's Calculus, by Briggs and Cochran, pioneers CDF in textbooks.
|Announcing the Computable Document Format (CDF): Bringing Documents to Life with the Power of Computation
Video: Watch Conrad Wolfram's announcement of the Computable Document Format.
Other Examples of CDF in Use
Wolfram is already using tens of thousands of CDF files, including:
- 10,000+ interactive Demonstrations in the Wolfram Demonstrations Project
- Wolfram|Alpha Pro, with CDF interactivity
- 100,000+ interactive entries in the CDF version of the Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center
- Select Example Topics
- Manipulate (Wolfram Language function)
- Introduction to Manipulate (Wolfram Language tutorial)
- Advanced Manipulate Functionality (Wolfram Language tutorial)
- SoundNote (Wolfram Language function)
- InteractiveTradingChart (Wolfram Language function)
- Plot3D (Wolfram Language function)
- CountryData (Wolfram Language function)
- PieChart3D (Wolfram Language function)
- Documentation about CDF
- How to Create a Computable Document Format (CDF) File
- Importing and Exporting CDF Files
- See more topics at the Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center »
- Interactive diagrams in the Wolfram Blog
- Select Example Posts
- "Stabilized Inverted Pendulum"
- "Breaking Secret Codes with Mathematica"
- "Retreat from Blenheim"
- "Optimizing Financial Modeling with Mathematica"
- "Stabilized n-Link Pendulum"
- "Mathematica Q&A: Excluding Points from Plots"
- "The Distance between 'Zero' and 'Hero': Exploring Synonym Chains with Mathematica"
- "Built to Last: Understanding Earthquake Engineering"
- "Mathematica Q&A: Plotting Trig Functions in Degrees"
- "25 Best Hangman Words"
- "Exploring Logo Designs with Mathematica"
- "Doing Spy Stuff with Mathematica"
- "How to Win at Coin Flipping"
- "The Mathematica One-Liner Competition"
- "Test Your 'Subitizing' Ability"
- See more posts on the Wolfram Blog»
- Interactive articles in The Mathematica Journal
- Select Example Articles
- "Indexing Strings and Rulesets"
- "Maze for Free the Key Puzzle"
- "Search for Hamiltonian Cycles"
- "Simulation of Evolutionary Dynamics in Finite Populations"
- See more articles in The Mathematica Journal»