Over the past two decades many important production systems across science, engineering and finance have been built in Mathematica. With the world's largest integrated web of highly efficient algorithms and a remarkable breadth of interoperability, Mathematica offers a unique level of productivity in the creation of reliable complex software systems.
Fully supporting modern cross-platform distributed computing environments, Mathematica raises the bar for computer languages by immediately including fully integrated dynamic visualization and advanced interface building, as well as sophisticated document generation and an unprecedented level of external data integration.
Mathematica's very high-level character and unified scalable architecture makes it possible to start creating sophisticated programs almost immediately, and then smoothly transition to full production systems deployed in enterprise, web and other environments—with long-term stability and automatic seamless algorithm upgrading.
Increasingly popular in computer science education for its power and immediacy, Mathematica defines a new level for the development of software applications—for the first time making practical concepts like symbolic representation and analysis of large-scale software architectures.
- Immediate built-in access to the world's latest math and other algorithms
- Automatic algorithm selection, typically vastly outperforming custom-written code
- Consistent symbolic syntax and semantics across all data, functions and interfaces
Stable language on all platforms with consistent development since 1988 »
- Symbolic paradigm maximizing code modularity, analyzability and testability
- Fully integrated visualization, interface building, document generation and data interchange
- Unified environment for model generation, analysis, execution and deployment
- Symbolic structure allowing derivation and representation of code as well as data
- Formulas entered in traditional math notation, for enhanced readability and verifiability
Built-in complex numbers, arbitrary-precision and automatic-precision tracking »
Immediate vector, matrix, and arbitrary-array programming »
Wide range of optimized data structures (e.g. sparse arrays and interpolating functions) »
- Integrated full-function code documentation system, with document programmability
Immediate pure Mathematica interface to arbitrary Java and .NET classes »
- gridMathematica with full parallel programming & debugging capabilities
- World-class in-house QA and broad usage ensuring high algorithm reliability
- Mathematica Player free runtime environment
- Most of Mathematica is developed in the Mathematica language
- The complete software engineering system for Mathematica is written in Mathematica
- Wolfram Research's world-class software testing system is written in Mathematica
- High-traffic websites such as WolframTones and Wolfram Mathematica Online Integrator are completely written in Mathematica
- Mathematica is often the first major software product running on new computer architectures
- Mathematica is taught as a first programming language in many university courses
- Mathematica is now routinely being learned by grade-school-age children
is now available!
Over 400 new functions, including the new Wolfram Predictive Interface…