Planet data source information
Wolfram|Alpha Knowledgebase, 2020.
Background sources and references:
Albers, S. Planetary Maps (Global Images). »
Bretagnon, P. and G. Francou. "Planetary Theories in Rectangular and Spherical Variables. VSOP87 Solutions." Astronomy and Astrophysics 202 (1988): 309-315. »
California Institute of Technology Jet Propulsion Laboratory. JPL Solar System Dynamics. »
California Institute of Technology Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Planetary Photojournal. »
- Cox, A. N. (Ed.). Allen's Astrophysical Quantities. (4th ed.) Springer, 2000.
Davenhall, A. C. and S. K. Leggett. "Constellation Boundary Data." Strasbourg Astronomical Data Center. »
Jones, P. D., et al. "Surface Air Temperature and Its Variations over the Last 150 Years." Reviews of Geophysics 37, no. 2 (1999): doi: 10.1029/1999RG900002. »
- Lang, K. R. Astrophysical Data: Planets and Stars. Springer‐Verlag, 1992.
- Meeus, J. Astronomical Algorithms. (1st ed.) Willmann-Bell, 1991.
Powell, R. An Atlas of the Universe. »
- Roman, N. G. "Identification of a Constellation from a Position." Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific 99, no. 617 (1987): 695-699.
- Shaya, E., J. Gass, and G. Schneider. Astronomical Data Center.
United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration. "The Blue Marble: Land Surface, Ocean Color and Sea Ice." Visible Earth. »
United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Solar System Exploration. »
"VizieR Service." Strasbourg Astronomical Data Center. »
Note: This list is intended as a guide to sources and further information. The inclusion of an item in this list does not necessarily mean that its content was used as the basis for any specific Wolfram|Alpha result. Requests by researchers for detailed information on the sources for individual results can be directed here »