|More about Mathematica »
Fully Automated Graph Layout
Mathematica 6 integrates fully automated graph layout, for the first time allowing visualization of arbitrary graphs to become part of routine computational work. Using original algorithms developed at Wolfram Research, Mathematica 6 automatically creates compelling and aesthetic graph layouts that usually far exceed what is achieved even by painstaking human effort—and can be scaled to multimillion-vertex graphs.
- Directed and undirected graphs and multigraphs, with visible, tooltip, or other labeling.
- Immediate visualization of symbolic structures as graphs.
- Fully integrated with dynamic interactivity, allowing real-time interactive graphs.
- Full range of existing and original algorithms supported for expert users.
- Support for standard graph and matrix import/export formats.
- Extensive built-in library of standard named graphs, each with over 100 properties.
See Also New In 6.0