|More about Mathematica »
New Documentation Framework
Mathematica has always been known for the quality of its documentation. Building on the latest technologies, Mathematica 6 introduces a completely new and innovative documentation system—deployed both in-product and on the web—that includes the equivalent of a total of 50,000 pages of material, with over 100,000 carefully chosen examples and over 150,000 links—all with primary content personally overseen by senior architects of the Mathematica system.
- Special outlining mechanism for optimal assimilation of material.
- Customized complete search both on-web and in-product.
- "Guide pages" providing a complete conceptual view of the Mathematica system.
- All in-product examples immediately executable and modifiable.
- On-web examples with copyable popups and tiny URLs for direct linking.
- Dynamic updating and loading for all in-product documentation.
- Immediate links to the expanding collection of complete dynamic examples of Mathematica usage in The Wolfram Demonstrations Project.