|More about Mathematica »
Symbolic Sound Support
Mathematica 6 introduces a new symbolic language for sequencing audio events and for representing note-based sound. With integrated support for both sampled sound and MIDI-style notes and instruments, Mathematica 6 immediately allows the full power of the Mathematica system and language to be used in state-of-the-art algorithmic composition and other audio applications.
- MIDI-style output on all computer systems. »
- Support for named notes and instruments, including percussion. »
- Absolute, relative and scaled time sequencing for all sounds. »
- Support for combined sampled and note-based sound. »
- Visual representation of audio, including waveforms, spectrograms and scores.
- Enhanced sound export, including MIDI, Wave64 and FLAC support. »
See Also New In 6.0