|More about Mathematica »
Unification of Graphics, Text & Controls
Mathematica 6 achieves for the first time a dramatic unification that deeply integrates fully editable and active graphics, text, math, tables, controls and user interfaces in every aspect of both input and output. Building on Mathematica's unique symbolic architecture and notebook document paradigm, Mathematica 6 allows all these elements to be mixed and connected at the finest scales, immediately allowing a remarkable range of important new forms of display and interaction.
- Graphics and user interfaces can appear directly in flowing text, with full editability. »
- Graphics can contain arbitrary active elements, controls, etc.
- Controls can use graphics, other controls, etc. as labels and values.
- Graphics, text, controls and other elements can be arbitrarily nested.
- Automatic context-sensitive graphics sizing.
See Also New In 6.0