Surname data source information
Wolfram|Alpha Knowledgebase, 2021.
Background sources and references:
- Hanks, P. (Ed.). Dictionary of American Family Names. Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Hanks, P. F., et al. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Ingraham, H. People's Names: A Cross-Cultural Reference Guide to the Proper Use of over 40,000 Personal and Familial Names in over 100 Cultures. McFarlan & Co., 1997.
- Reaney, P. H. and R. M. Wilson (Eds.). A Dictionary of English Surnames. (3rd ed.) Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Robb, H. A. and A. Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. (1st ed.) HarperCollins, 1995.
- Smith, E. C. New Dictionary of American Family Names. Harper & Row, 1973.
United States Census Bureau, Population Division. "Genealogy: Frequently Occurring Surnames from Census 2000." Genealogy. »
Note: This list is intended as a guide to sources and further information. The inclusion of an item in this list does not necessarily mean that its content was used as the basis for any specific Wolfram|Alpha result. Requests by researchers for detailed information on the sources for individual results can be directed here »