|More about Mathematica »
Mathematica 7 introduces major new capabilities in Boolean computation, for the first time bringing large-scale Boolean computation into mainstream computing. Building on recent algorithmic advances, Mathematica 7 provides comprehensive capabilities for handling Boolean expressions with hundreds to hundreds of thousands of variables—all fully integrated with Mathematica's other symbolic capabilities—making possible new approaches to large-scale design, verification and optimization of discrete and logical systems in a wide variety of fields.
- State-of-the-art Boolean function minimization. »
- Support for CNF, DNF, ESOP, ANF, NAND, NOR, BDT etc. formats and conversions. »
- Full symbolic support for don't-care values and variables. »
- BDD representation and fast computation for arbitrary Boolean functions.
- Built-in representation of arbitrary Boolean symmetric functions.
- Fast conversion to and from various truth table formats. »
- Boolean function construction from minterms and maxterms. »
- Fast satisfiability (SAT) problem solving, equivalence testing and instance counting. »
- Full support for Boolean quantifier elimination.
- Full integration with algebraic manipulation functions. »