Math Education Software
Mathematica has been a defining force in college-level math education for nearly two decades, responsible for transforming the way subjects like calculus are taught. With innovation after innovation, Mathematica is also transforming K-12 math and science education.
With a long commitment to math education—and with Wolfram MathWorld the world's number one math website—Wolfram Research has launched the Wolfram Demonstrations Project, which contains thousands of compelling and highly graphical interactive demonstrations of math and science spanning elementary to graduate-level education. Immediately accessible on any computer using the free Mathematica Player, the Wolfram Demonstrations Project gives today's students a new level of hands-on experience with math and science concepts.
Traditional math education software has tended to be built using closed systems with a bare minimum of computation capabilities. But with its immensely powerful computational engine and unique interface creation technology, Mathematica redefines what is possible, and makes it realistic even for individual students and educators to create rich open-ended interactive educational content.
With its full symbolic computation capability, support for traditional mathematical notation, 2D and 3D graphics and animation, gamepad control, immediate access to real-world data, and unique ability to integrate interactive elements into documents, Mathematica provides an unprecedented framework for the complete spectrum of math and science education.
- Multimedia documents with text, math, animations, sound, links, etc.
- Extensive support for interactive exploration and simulation
- User interface suitable for all educational levels
- Immediate support for interactive geometry
- Huge library of pre-built interactive content
- Integrated with hundreds of textbooks
20-year history of courseware development »
- Broadly adopted by colleges, schools, districts, etc.
- Global network of teachers and mentors
- Heavily discounted student and teacher pricing
- Well-developed site-licensing policies
- A single system to cover all branches of math and science
Thousands of ready-made interactive demonstrations with source code »
- World's leading mathematical computation system
- Free-form mathematical formula input
Immediate visualization of arbitrary functions and data »
State-of-the-art real-time dynamic visualization »
Complete built-in symbolic algebra and calculus capabilities »
- Broad numerics, equation-solving and simulation capabilities
Support for gamepads and other modern human interface devices »
- Full support for authoring complete educational materials
Free document reader and interactive content player »
Built-in environment for interactive slide show presentations »
Instant creation of rich interactive interfaces »
Direct-manipulation geometry and other interfaces »
- Support for all interface styles, including menus, language, etc.
- All interfaces, interactions, etc. represented in easy-to-read transportable language
Immediate ability to create web pages, PDF documents, Flash, etc. »
Built-in real-world data sources ready for analysis and exploration »
Seamless support for PC, Mac, Linux and other computer platforms »
Support for Unicode and international character sets »
- Mathematica skills relevant throughout education and career
- Full professional product support
- Integration with Wolfram MathWorld and other educational resource sites
- Wolfram Research is a leading math and science R&D organization
- Wolfram MathWorld is the most visited math site on the web
- Wolfram Research has been consistently involved in education for two decades
- Wolfram Research employs many math and science PhDs
- Many Intel Science Talent winners (as well as Nobel prizewinners) use Mathematica
- The Wolfram Integrator has computed nearly a billion integrals
- Mathematica has been ported to the OLPC "$100 laptop"
is now available!
Over 400 new functions, including the new Wolfram Predictive Interface…