Mathematica Student Certification Program
Mathematica certification is available to students worldwide. To achieve student certification, candidates must successfully complete a certification exam. The multiple-choice exam questions require Mathematica proficiency for solving a variety of computing and visualization tasks. An understanding of basic college-level mathematics is recommended. Please review the program guidelines before requesting a student certification exam.Show Guidelines
- Student certification is available only to students aged 13 years or older.
- Candidates should not share their exam download links or exam notebooks with anyone else.
- Candidates are not allowed to submit exams that were requested by someone else.
- Candidates must return the completed exam within one week.
- The completed exam notebook must be returned using its original file name and the exam submission web form.
- All exam work should be completed by candidates alone.
- The exam notebook requires the use of Mathematica Student Edition or another licensed Mathematica 9 edition.
- Successful candidates are required to correctly answer 75% of the exam questions.
- The failure to follow these guidelines may, at the sole discretion of Wolfram, result in the disqualification of a candidate for certification.
Preparing for the exam
Review the tutorials, videos, and training courses available in the Learning Center.
Taking the exam
Questions are presented in the Mathematica SlideShow environment. Select the best answer from the list of choices for each question. You may refer to Mathematica documentation during the exam.Request Exam
Completing the exam
When finished, save your notebook and return it to Wolfram Research. Notification of pass or fail will be sent within two weeks. Those who pass will receive a certificate of proficiency. If you do not pass, another exam may be requested up to three times each semester.Submit Exam