|More about Mathematica »
3D Printing & Scanning Support
Mathematica 6 for the first time makes it possible to take complex algorithmically generated geometry and immediately output it for 3D printing—allowing the creation of physical 3D objects and models unlike anything ever seen before. Mathematica 6 also provides broad support for importing arbitrary 3D scanning data for immediate analysis and visualization.
- State-of-the-art 3D surface reconstruction with ListSurfacePlot3D.
- Support for STL, VRML, PLY and other standard formats, including surface color. »
- Built-in library of all standard polyhedra. »
- Fully compatible with all standard 3D printers and scanners. »
- Extensive collection of interactive examples suitable for 3D printing. »
See Also New In 6.0