|More about Mathematica »
Built-in Gamepad & HID Support
Mathematica 6 brings a new level of human interface capability to mainstream computation—seamlessly integrating use of gamepads, joysticks, haptic devices, 3D mice and other HID systems. With automatic bindings for 3D rotation and Manipulate controls, Mathematica 6 allows immediate access to a new dimension of interactivity, as well as making possible a new generation of front-line experiments on the coupling of interface and computation.
- Automatic and user-configurable mappings from device values to variables.
- Automatic device recognition, with full plug-and-play support.
- Built-in bindings for common device classes; easy extensibility for arbitrary devices.
- Support for any number of simultaneous devices.
- Uniform support across computer platforms.