|More about Mathematica »
Symbolic Interface Construction
Mathematica 6 redefines user interface programming—for the first time making it realistic for non-experts to create highly sophisticated and customized interfaces. By integrating interface elements into Mathematica's unique symbolic language framework, Mathematica 6 allows arbitrary interfaces to be represented directly in terms of high-level symbolic controls that can immediately be connected to arbitrary dynamic computations—and laid out using Mathematica's rich tabular, document and graphical capabilities.
- Collection of 20+ types of controls and interface elements. »
- Full integration of graphical, textual and tabular layout. »
- Uniform multiparadigm interface support, including dialogs, toolbars, click panes, etc. »
- Support for interfaces embedded in fully scrollable documents.
- Incremental interface building, with all subparts immediately testable.
- Immediate support for interfaces that reconfigure dynamically in real time.
- Support for low-level event handlers and other traditional interface-building techniques. »
- Fully integrated dialog-building language. »
See Also New In 6.0