|More about Mathematica »
Mathematica 7 expands Mathematica's broad numerical differential equation capabilities by adding delay differential equations (DDE). Using powerful new automated algorithms, Mathematica 7 for the first time makes it possible to solve DDEs directly from their natural mathematical specification, without the need for manual preprocessing.
- Solve systems of DDEs of any order. »
- Automatic selection of efficient and reliable DDE integration methods.
- Direct input of DDEs in standard mathematical notation.
- Fully automated lag function computation.
- Solutions given as InterpolatingFunction objects allowing flexible use and visualization. »
- Full access to applicable ODE solution methods in NDSolve. »
- Arbitrary numerical-precision DDE solutions.