|More about Mathematica »
Mathematica 6 brings a revolution in the concept of interactive computing—for the first time allowing dynamic interfaces to be created instantly as a routine part of everyday work. Based on a series of inventions at Wolfram Research, Mathematica 6 builds on Mathematica's powerful core symbolic architecture to allow sophisticated interactive interfaces to be created from single lines of input—as easily as getting answers to simple calculations.
- Manipulate function for creating full-function dynamic interfaces for arbitrary objects. »
- Uniform support for manipulating 2D and 3D graphics, math, tables, text, etc.
- Immediate creation of active 1D and 2D sliders, menus, checkboxes, buttons, etc. »
- Full integration of controls with graphics objects.
- Real-time computation based on parameter values defined by interactive controls.
- Full integration of all interfaces into scrollable Mathematica notebook documents.
- Automatic support for gamepads and other human interface devices. »
- Fully scalable underlying symbolic dynamic Mathematica language system. »
- Threaded support for dynamic dependency tracking and updating. »
See Also New In 6.0