This eBook blends together embedded apps for live computation, equivalent coding examples which require no coding experience, and a narrative for applying modern computation to business analytics.
In each chapter, we address a business analytics question using a computational recipe. We hope this book helps you leverage data to gain insights into today's businesses.
Each chapter covers the following:
- A test kit to understand corporate genes: values, culture, and strategies
- Handling multiple data types: numbers, text, images, video in a notebook environment
- Bite-sized computational recipes in the form of short, readable Wolfram Language code (10–15 lines in each chapter)
- Graphic User Interface (GUI) and real-time live computation, so that you can rerun the modules based on your own input (most of the time your input is as simple as a website URL)
- 100% replicable and interactive, so that you can experiment further and create your own computational tools
The book requires either Wolfram Player
or a Wolfram Language product (Mathematica
). Wolfram Player allows live computation with the embedded apps, while Mathematica allows experimentation with the underlying code to come up with your own creative analysis ideas.
Note that your exact email address and purchase order number will be required to unlock this purchase.
|Compare and contrast the growth strategies of McDonald's and Coca-Cola.
|Evaluate McDonald's localization strategy using website images.
|Evaluate McDonald's localization strategy using website structure.
|Automate TMT background analysis by using proxy statements.
|Identify patterns in CEOs' facial expressions.
|Evaluate the perceived trustworthiness of CEOs.
|Identify CEOs' behavior tendencies regarding their choices of apparel colors.
|Analyze the text complexity of various company documents.
|Use keywords analysis to gain insights into a company's strategy formulation.
|Assess the sentiment level of company reports.
|Estimate CEO personality traits based on their letters to shareholders.
|Develop an interactive dashboard to visualize customer complaints.
|Gather and evaluate Amazon customer review data for insights into customer satisfaction.
|Visualize the impact of the "Jobs" factor on Apple's profitability over time.
|Two use cases which can serve as inspiration and starting points for your own projects.
Economics and Finance