|More about Mathematica »
Instant High-Level Debugging
Mathematica 6 adds a powerful integrated source-level debugger that allows immediate inspection and control of Mathematica programs. Mathematica's symbolic architecture—combined with its notebook document paradigm—makes possible a unique level of flexibility in analyzing and validating programs, shortening still further the cycle for Mathematica application development.
- Scalable architecture allowing debugging of programs of any size.
- Program source code immediately annotated directly in notebooks.
- Arbitrary computation at breakpoints, including graphical display of intermediate results.
- Breakpoints settable on source code, message generation and symbol usage.
- Breakpoint inspector for convenient management of breakpoints on large programs.
- Lightweight Monitor function for immediate real-time display of program execution.
See Also New In 6.0