|More about Mathematica »
New Generation Numerical Integration
Mathematica 6 dramatically expands the range of numerical integration that can be done accurately and automatically. Using a host of new algorithms and methods developed at Wolfram Research—many built on Mathematica's unique ability to do symbolic analysis of inputs—Mathematica 6 defines a new level of automation that allows advanced numerical integration to become a routine part of everyday computation.
- Complete coverage of state-of-the-art algorithms; many new original algorithms. »
- Automatic analysis and handling of oscillatory, singular and piecewise integrands.
- Efficient integration over arbitrary regions implicitly defined by inequalities.
- New adaptive quasi-Monte-Carlo high-dimensional integration.
- All methods support arbitrary-precision computation.
- Detailed control and modular extensibility for expert users.
See Also New In 6.0