The Mechanism Prototyping System
LinkageDesigner is a Mathematica application package for virtual prototyping of linkages. It is designed to analyze, synthesize, and simulate linkages with serial chain, tree, and graph structures. Using the symbolic calculation capabilities of Mathematica, it supports fully parameterized linkage definition and analysis. The package supports the geometric, kinematic, static, and dynamic analysis of linkages. It could be easily integrated and interfaced with any mechanism related to design workflow.
- Generalized coordinates-based modelling of mechanism with open and closed graph
- Copying, joining, and merging mechanisms with LinkageData manipulation
- Geometric and kinematic modelling of gears and gear-trains
- Import CAD geometries
- Static and dynamical analysis of linkages
- Extensive support for dimensional synthesis and classification of four-bar mechanisms
- Mass properties (mass, moment of inertia, centre of gravity, etc.) calculation of any polyhedral type Graphics3D geometries
The package comes with electronic documentation, in both HTML and Mathematica Help Browser formats.
About the Developer
Dr. Gábor Erdős, the developer of LinkageDesigner, is a senior research assistant in the Computer and Automation Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Science. Formerly, he was a postdoctoral assistant in the CAD laboratory of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. He received his PhD from the Technical University of Budapest. He completed his MSc studies in the faculty of mechanical and aerospace engineering at State University of New York at Buffalo. He has worked in the field of computer-aided mechanism design and CAD-CAM-CNC integration for many years. His main research interests includes computer-aided mechanism modeling, digital manufacturing, and knowledge management techniques.
LinkageDesigner is developed and supported by Dr. Gábor
Erdős, Bit-Plié 2003 Bt.
Bit-Plié 2003 Bt
Szigetvári u. 52/a
LinkageDesigner 2.0 requires Mathematica 8 and is
available for all Mathematica
LinkageDesigner is © 2005-20011 Dr. Gábor