|More about Mathematica »
Integrated Graphics Editing & Drawing
Mathematica 6 introduces for the first time an interactive drawing environment fully integrated with programmatic graphics generation and manipulation. In Mathematica 6, all graphical output can immediately be annotated and modified using a full suite of familiar interactive drawing tools. Graphics can also be created interactively from scratch and immediately used as input to Mathematica—opening up a broad range of new directions, from diagrammatic and graphical input syntax to real-time algorithmic processing and enhancement of interactive drawings.
- Drawing tools and graphics inspector, with support for structured and free-form drawing. »
- Full integration allowing insetting of text, math, controls, and graphics inside graphics.
- Convenient "drill-down" selection mechanism in hierarchically grouped objects.
- Interactive reshaping of graphical objects and flowing text regions.
- Full correspondence maintained between interactively edited graphics and underlying symbolic expression representation.
See Also New In 6.0