|More about Mathematica »
Load-on-Demand Curated Data
Mathematica 6 pioneers the powerful concept of built-in computable data sources. An efficient load-on-demand mechanism makes hundreds of gigabytes of carefully curated and continually updated data immediately available inside Mathematica for use in computations. Mathematica 6 introduces major collections of data in mathematics, physics, chemistry, astronomy, geography, linguistics and finance—all organized and aggregated for the first time by Wolfram Research for direct use in computations.
- Uniform Mathematica language interface to all data sources.
- Support for numerical, graphical and textual data elements, with uniform handling of missing data.
- Load-on-demand mechanism with optimized local caching, fully integrated with the Mathematica internet access control system.
- Extensive mathematical data on polyhedral geometry, graphs, knots and lattices.
- Over a hundred specially derived properties of hundreds of named graphs. »
- 100+ properties of chemical elements and nuclear isotopes. »
- Data on all 1000+ known subatomic particles. »
- Extensive data on molecular, physical and chemical properties of common compounds. »
- Data on planets, moons and 100,000+ stars and galaxies. »
- Over 150 economic, demographic, geographic and other properties of countries and country groups. »
- Information on nearly one-quarter million cities worldwide. »
- Extensive semantic, grammatical and morphological properties of 100,000+ words and phrases. »
- Immediate access to extensive test images, matrices, 3D geometries, etc. »
- Current and historical financial data on stocks, funds, indices, and currencies. »
See Also New In 6.0