|More about Mathematica »
Building on the revolutionary symbolic interface system introduced in Mathematica 6, Mathematica 7 adds several important new interface elements—including deep system-wide support for raster images, support for scrolling panes, support for rounded corners and arbitrary rotations, and further automation of interface building in Manipulate.
- Support for raster images in every aspect of interfaces and controls.
- Automatic drag and drop of images from external sources.
- Automatic context-dependent sizing of raster images in notebooks and interfaces.
- Scrollable panes for viewing large expressions and images. »
- Support for grids and other presentations of controls in Manipulate. »
- Control interface element for automatic selection of control types. »
- Named placeholders for creating instant input templates. »
- New constructs for creating sets of buttons. »
- Arbitrary rotation of any interface element. »
- Rounded corners for frames and other elements of interfaces. »
- Functions for programmatic opening of arbitrary files and URLs. »