|More about Mathematica »
Based on continued user interface research and testing at Wolfram Research, Mathematica 7 adds many features and innovations to help streamline working with Mathematica notebooks for both novices and experts. Immediate features include enhanced new-notebook and new-cell behavior, insertion indicators and extensive context-sensitive menus. Additional features include new forms of template and help interaction, as well as modern external interface capabilities.
- Contextual menus for many specific contexts within notebooks.
- Visually cued inter-cell insertion mechanism.
- New style-setting feedback mechanism.
- New easy-to-edit input templates for all built-in functions.
- Visual notebook stylesheet template generator and setter.
- New Welcome Screen and interactive new-user materials.
- Enhanced clipboard support for MathML exchange with other programs.
- Automated drag-and-drop import of images and data into notebooks.
- Uniform transparency-based selection display.