Version 10 introduces plot themes to easily tailor plots for specific audiences, from business reports to technical articles. The built-in base themes provide a unified appearance and tone across visualization functions, and are easily tweaked using additional themes and options. Themes can be applied to a specific plot, a localized group of plots, or across the board.
- Simply change the appearance for a single plot.
- Globally change the appearance for all plots.
- Select a theme based on the document stylesheet.
- Automatically create a theme from the background color.
- Automatically combine multiple themes.
- Use themes as a starting point, using regular options to override or modify the theme appearance.
- Business and marketing themes for high-impact visualizations.
- Detailed and scientific themes for careful interpretation.
- Monochrome theme for black-and-white publications.
- Unique initial colors for people with color vision deficiencies.
- Minimal theme for iconic uses of plots.
- Sparkline theme for including plots and charts directly in text.
- Axes themes adjust axes, ticks, grid lines, etc.
- Font themes adjust font size, type, etc.
- Size themes adjust the image size, shape, etc.
- Theme autocompletions include sample images for easier selection.