|More about Mathematica »
New Classes of Special Functions
Mathematica has long had by far the world's broadest and deepest coverage of special functions. Mathematica 6 builds on the latest special function R&D at Wolfram Research to add support for several major new classes of special functions, all fully integrated with arbitrary-precision evaluation, series and asymptotic expansion, symbolic integration, differential equations, etc. Mathematica 6 also introduces a major new methodology that greatly expands the simplification of hypergeometric-related functions.
- Hankel, Kelvin, spherical Bessel and spherical Hankel functions. »
- Whittaker and parabolic cylinder functions. »
- Full support for spheroidal functions. »
- Functions for Bessel and Airy zeros, and Riemann zeta zeros. »
- Generalized Siegel theta function. »
- Extended evaluation domains for polygamma, pFq and Meijer G functions.
- New automated recurrence relation methods for special function simplification. »
- Algorithmic expansion of all known hypergeometric congruence classes. »