Classroom Instruction: Mathematica for Calculus
Mathematica is the educational standard for software use in the first-year calculus classroom, allowing students to visualize concepts and develop skills essential for other STEM classes. This course demonstrates easy ways to begin integrating Mathematica and the Wolfram Language into first-year calculus through tutorials, lesson plans, interactive lab activities, and more. Learn how Mathematica's free-form linguistic input, predictive interface, and point-and-click palettes allow students to begin using Mathematica and the Wolfram Language without learning syntax.
The course requires no previous experience with Mathematica.
|This course is available on demand (27:47)||Free|
|This course is not currently scheduled.|
- Go beyond formula memorization
- Engage students and enhance learning with advanced graphics
- Focus on the big picture by emphasizing analysis and critical thinking
- Identify patterns without busywork
- Help students of different abilities and learning styles
- Connect calculus to the real world
- Locate relevant Wolfram Demonstrations, textbooks with a Mathematica component, and other teaching resources