|More about Mathematica »
Mathematica 7 introduces a new generation of information visualization—made possible by Mathematica's unique symbolic architecture, as well as its programmability, graphics and dynamic interface. With an unprecedentedly convenient symbolic mechanism for specifying labeling, legending, styling and dynamic behavior, Mathematica 7 automates the process of creating a fully extensible range of compelling information visualizations for data of all kinds.
- Rich support for bar, rectangle, pie, sector and bubble charts. »
- 3D versions of bar, rectangle, pie, sector and bubble charts. »
- Systematic support for multiple datasets in all chart types.
- Automatic handling of missing data elements.
- All charts automatically dynamic, with highlighting and click effects.
- Symbolic wrapper mechanism for associating annotations and actions with data elements. »
- Immediate support for tooltips, popups, buttons, event handlers, etc. for any data element.
- Immediate support for styling, labeling and legending of data elements and datasets. »
- Automatic chart-dependent rendering of symbolic markup.
- Automatic and fully customizable labeling and legending of data elements and datasets. »
- Stacking, grouping and other specialized layout options for particular chart types. »
- Support for styling other attributes determined by arbitrary Mathematica functions. »
- Support for arbitrary and programmatic 2D and 3D pictorial chart elements. »
- Palettes for easy selection of chart elements and color schemes.
- Extensive automatic optimization of visual design for all charts.