Introduction to Cryptography
- Interactive Course
- 8 h
- 1 Certification
Estimated Time: 8 h
Course Level: Intermediate
Requirements: This course requires a basic understanding of number theory, algorithms, discrete mathematics and modular arithmetic and basic-level skills in any programming language.
Certification Levels: Completion
This course gives an introduction to the concepts, underlying math, principles and techniques of historic and modern cryptography; ties cryptographic protocols to real-world scenarios; and gives a necessary understanding of issues related to information security in general.
Featured Products & Technologies: Wolfram Language
You'll Learn To
- Use hash functions appropriately
- Encrypt with symmetric (shared secret key) ciphers
- Encrypt with asymmetric (public-key) ciphers
- Examine the security of cryptographic algorithms
- Digitally sign data
- Consider information security objectives
- Employ the right cryptographic protocols in information security
- Combine different types of algorithms in complex cryptographic systems
Certify your completion of this course by watching course videos and passing the auto-graded quizzes.Track My Progress
About This Interactive Course
It's free and easy to get started with open interactive courses using the Wolfram Cloud—sign in with your Wolfram ID or create one. No plan is required. This interactive course includes video lessons, quizzes and a scratch notebook, all in an easy-to-use interface. From the interactive course, click Track My Progress to chart your certification progress as you go.