BEST Viewpoints 9
Data Analysis Made Simple
BEST Viewpoints is a data mining application designed to be powerful and easy to use. Its graphical user interface enables users to create high-quality results in minutes by providing quick access to many Mathematica functions for data manipulation, analysis, and visualization.
- No programming skills are needed to use it because it is GUI-based.
- The software has no limits on dataset size and can produce real-time results from big datasets.
- It enables nesting and replicating analysis by grouping by the elements of any number of categorical fields or data columns.
- Analysis can be performed on numeric, text, or symbolic data columns.
- Data can be imported from sources like databases, spreadsheets, and delimited text files. Tabular output can be exported to spreadsheet formats and delimited files, and graphics to standard formats like GIF and JPG.
- A data importing interface for uploading data or merging datasets from many data sources like databases, Microsoft Excel, text files, and so on. When importing from databases, the user can create and continuously update a selectable and editable list of SQL commands. This section also provides a quick assessment of the data columns imported (data types, summary statistics, common values, etc.)
- An interface for data transformation and manipulation that in some situations may be needed to transform data columns (e.g. string to number), calculate new columns (e.g. c3 = Log[c1]+c2), calculate data summaries, create queries (e.g. exclude non-numeric entries from one column), or sort data. Defined procedures and equations can be saved as Analysis Templates for future use in different datasets.
- A section dedicated to calculate and plot data summaries (Total, Average, Max, etc.) as defined by levels of the selected categorical variables. Data summaries can be represented as Bar Charts, Pareto Analysis, Box and Whisker Charts, Confidence Intervals, and Line Plots.
- A section dedicated to explore data using analysis methods and plots like 1) the calculation of location, dispersion, and shape Summary Statistics (e.g. Mean, Standard Deviation, Skewness); 2) plotting Lines, Scatter Plots, Bubble Charts, and 3D Plots; 3) assessing data distribution using Histograms (including distribution plots like PDF, CDF, and Survival), Box and Whisker Plots, Distribution Charts, Probability Plots, Quantile Plots, and Probability Scale Plots; 4) performing Hypothesis Tests (Location, Location Equivalence, Variance, Variance Equivalence) and Goodness of Fit Tests (for continuous or discrete populations); and 5) and assessing process stability using Process Capability Analysis and Statistical Control Charts (XBar, R, EWMA, C, p, Np).
- A section dedicated to Association Analysis and Retail Analytics where associations among variables can be easily discovered and graphically represented to simplify its interpretation. When a dataset of retail transactions is being analyzed, this section can also calculate retail statistics like product penetration and sole purchase count, and evaluate how these statistics change over time. Market Basket Analysis tools can also be used to identify the product affinities that portray customer preferences. The information this section can generate from data is usually not easy or is impossible to get from other data analysis applications.
"BEST Viewpoints is the most robust data visualization and analysis product I have ever seen."
Biomedical Software Engineer
Clinical Research Management
"BEST Viewpoints has been very useful for my daily data analysis work. It has helped me use my time more
working with complex datasets from different sources. The software definitely has the capability of creating different
kinds of analysis and reports."
Techno Plastics Industries
About the Developer
Ariel Sepúlveda has a BSIE and ME in industrial engineering from the University of Puerto Rico and a PhD in operations research from Virginia Tech. Currently, Ariel is the president and founder of Pronto Analytics Inc., an organization dedicated to creating data analysis solutions mainly using Wolfram technology. Sepúlveda has created data analysis solutions for companies in several countries around the world.
BEST Viewpoints is developed and supported by Pronto Analytics Inc.
Pronto Analytics Inc.
Ariel Sepúlveda, PhD
President, Pronto Analytics Inc.
BEST Viewpoints 9 requires Mathematica 8 or 9 or Wolfram Player Pro and is available for Windows and Mac OS X.