Volume Rendering and 3D Data
- Video Lesson
- 38 min
- Download Lesson Materials
Estimated Time: 38 min
Course Level: Advanced
Requirements: The course is for those who have an interest in learning about volumetric rendering in Mathematica. Basic knowledge of Mathematica and 3D rendering and processing are recommended.
This class explains the principles of volume rendering and the art of constructing the right transfer functions. It explores the drawbacks and extravagant possibilities of this new visualization modality in applications involving real-world data. The class is for those who have an interest in learning about volumetric rendering in the Wolfram Language. Basic knowledge of the Wolfram Language and 3D rendering and processing are recommended.
Featured Products & Technologies: Wolfram Language
You'll Learn To
- Use various 3D rendering methods available in the Wolfram Language and compare and contrast them
- Utilize ClipRange and Raster3D to visualize interior details of 3D objects
- Apply various color schemes to selectively visualize parts of a 3D object
- Generate 3D volumetric data using pre-defined functions and render them