Comprehensive Image Processing Environment
Mathematica 8 introduces a complete and rich set of state-of-the-art image processing and analysis functions for digital image composition, segmentation, feature detection, transformation and alignment, and restoration of images. Image processing functionality is fully integrated with Mathematica's powerful mathematical and algorithmic capabilities.
- Modern platform with a complete set of image processing functions. »
- Live capturing and processing of real-time images from imaging devices. »
- State-of-the-art segmentation algorithms based on watershed, region growing, clustering, etc. »
- Automatic detection of image features including keypoints, lines, corners, edges, and textures. »
- Various functions to easily assemble, partition, and composite images.
- Support for arbitrary geometric image transformations including rigid, affine, prospective, etc. »
- Fully automated functions for finding the matching keypoints and aligning images.
- Highly optimized linear and nonlinear image filters. »
- Support for interactively defining a region of interest and processing the specified region.
- Variety of functions for image restoration, noise removal, etc.
- Extensive collection of image and data deconvolution algorithms. »
- Complete set of skeletonization, pruning, and shape reconstruction methods. »
- Blob and segment analysis using shape and pixel intensity measurements. »
- Built-in multi-threaded algorithms and GPU implementations of many functions. »
- Compact representation of images for less memory consumption and fast processing.
- Full integration of images into Mathematica's interface construction.